Tuesday 8 June 2010

New furniture

Recently I bought some new additions to our living room.

The chair was bought on 'Marktplaats'. That's the Dutch version of Craigslist. The plaid is a bit too large for it, so I need to buy some nice pillows or something, but I am very happy with this.

The little red vase I thrifted in a second hand store in Delft, just as the plaid. The yellow lamp was bought on Modcloth. I saw it in a post by Deedee and I had to buy it. So I went to Modcloth and immediately bought it, without thinking. When the package arrived, it turned out I had to pay a lot of taxes and the plug doesn't fit our Dutch socket. Still have to fix it. But I love it and I think it looks really good on my grandma's desk.

Modcloth claims it's handmade, but i've no idea by who.
I guess some of the stuff Modcloth sells can also be bought here in Europe, but I've no idea how I can find out if an items is also sold by other shops. Does any of you know how to do that?

2 comments:

Kaylovesvintage said...

your living room looks like a vintage dream to me

hinke said...

ziet er gezellig uit! wat zijn je favoriete adresjes in delft?